Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Tick tock

Usually when I'm home alone I like to have the radio on in the background.  It makes me feel as though I have a link to the outside world as I get through the day.  Today, however, I've gone for the silent treatment.  There's a lot going through my head - sewing for the weekend's market, organising for a market taking place in a couple of weeks, digesting the content of the parenting course I'm undertaking and contemplating the green smoothie challenge I [foolishly] put myself up for.  Then there are the pressures of family life, what's for dinner and where are the kitty cats right now (this morning we found one of top of the bathroom door).

So I'm typing, and listening to the ticking of the clock - a reminder of how quiet the house is, and how little time I have left before the school/music lesson/swimming lesson/dinner/next swimming lesson routine that is Thursday begins.

The weather has been a bit cool lately.  It's been an easy choice to stay indoors and knit.  After a school holiday trip to Bendigo Woollen Mills (yep, the kidlets were overjoyed, I tell you) I've been stocking up on toddler mitts, and trying out some new projects too.  






2 comments:

  1. Rosemary OsborneJuly 25, 2013 at 9:49 PM

    Hey friend. How's things. Love this post, love your day planned with sewing, wish I'd been creative this day. Miss a chat. Ketchup soon. Hope you got over the Frey (Red) wedding in the GoT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello darls. Busy yes. Thanks pet. Oh, really? Definitely. Definitely. And yes, it took a while, but yes. Next week?

    ReplyDelete

LOVE LOVE LOVE comments. That's because I can be just a little needy ;) And, I love to reply. I think it has something to do with wanting to have the last word...